SCENE Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: 18/11/2019
- ‘Agreement’ or ‘Terms’ refers to the terms and conditions mentioned herewith.
- ‘SCENE’ refers to the owner of the Platform and Services provided herewith to Attendees and Organizers. An ADGM (Abu Dhabi Global Market)-registered company under Scene Entertainment Tech Ltd, which is owned by Scene Social Entertainment Holdings Ltd (“SCENE” or “Company”), registered under license number 000002467 and 000001460 respectively. SCENE can be contacted via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ‘Platform’ refers to SCENE’s online network-marketplace which consists of mobile applications (iOS and Android) and a web application in the domain www.scene.app, as well as all software, processes and any other Services provided by or through SCENE.
- ‘Account’ refers to the profile through which an Attendee or an Organizer exists and has a presence on the SCENE Platform and manages their presence by numerous activities which include but not limited to sharing Content and engaging with other Users.
- ‘Event’ refers to a social happening or function bringing together people around a main artist, performer, presenter, coach or any personality.
- ‘Activity’ refers to a cluster of like-minded people around recreational, cultural or professional interests online and offline.
- ‘Attraction’ refers to a location or a destination which attracts residents and tourists for tourism, entertainment, cultural and recreational purposes.
- ‘scene’ or ‘scenes’ refers to any Event, Activity or Attraction of any nature, including but not limited to entertainment, tourism, MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions), leisure, sports, concerts, arts and culture, tours, family or professional business happenings which the Organizer adds to the Platform’s list, promotes and sells Tickets for through the Platform to Attendees.
- ‘Attendee’ refers to any individual (resident or tourist) or organization that completes SCENE’s Account registration process, uses the Platform to purchase individual or bulk goods and services, including but not limited to Tickets, or any complimentary products or services sold through the Platform.
- ‘Organizer’ refers to any individual, partnership or organization within the Entertainment, Events, Tourism or MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions) sector, whether privately or publicly owned, that is responsible for the organization, promotion and delivery of any kind of scene and irrespective of admission requirements (free of charge or paid).
- ‘User’ or ‘Users’ refers to any Account holder, whether an Attendee or an Organizer, who the Services are provided for through the Platform.
- ‘Ticket’ refers to an entrance pass sold through the Platform.
- ‘Services’ refers to all features and tools provided to all Users, including Attendees and Organizers, through the Platform.
- ‘Venue’ refers to the premises upon which and in which a scene takes place.
- ‘Organizer Feature’ refers to the tool available on the Platform for Organizers to add a scene to the Platform’s list of scenes.
- ‘Content’ refers to any textual, graphical, audio, video, audiovisual and other content types.
- For Attendees, the Platform enables them to find Events, Activities, and Attractions which suit their lifestyle, interests and budget, and to find like-minded people. The Platform provides Attendees with an automated journey which includes, but not limited to, finding and adding scenes, finding and connecting online-to-offline with likeminded people, sharing content, purchasing Tickets for scenes, communicating with Organizers and viewing the Profile’s Livefeed.
- For Organizers (ranging from Event and Activities Organizers to Attractions, tour operators and entertainment departments in hotels), the Platform provides a one-stop solution which provides Organizers with an automated journey which includes, but not limited to: adding scenes, promoting, sharing content, engaging with existing and prospective Attendees, selling Tickets, gaining actionable data insights and accessing an Attendee-registration and check in system.
- The purpose of the following ‘Terms and Conditions’ is to lay down the procedures and conditions governing the usage of the Platform and Services provided and set out the rights and obligations of the parties within this scope.
3. Access to the Platform
3.1 Attendees Registration and Accounts
- An Attendee is any natural person with full legal capacity to make undertakings under these ‘Terms and Conditions’. Natural persons without full legal capacity can only access the Platform with the agreement of their legal representative.
- Attendees must be at least 13 years old to use the Platform.
- Creating an Account and accessing SCENE’s Platform content is a free service.
- When creating an Account, Attendees are required to establish a username and a password, and provide optional demographic and lifestyle-based interests to help further personalize the Platform’s functionality and enhance their user experiences.
- When purchasing a Ticket, Attendees are required to provide accurate, current and complete information (full legal name and contact details) for Attendance verification purposes and to secure purchase under the Attendee’s name.
- Attendees are responsible for safeguarding the password that they use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under their Account. New password requests can be initiated via the User’s Account settings.
- SCENE reserves the right to suspend or terminate an Account if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be inaccurate, false or misleading, or to reclaim any username created through the Service that violates our Terms.
- Attendees can use the Organizer Feature to create Events and Activities so long as the admission for such Events and Activities is for free.
3.2 Organizers Registration and Accounts: SCENE 365 Package Services
- SCENE provides business Organizers with the following services through the SCENE 365 Package:
- Access to the Platform by creating an account or rightfully claiming an existing one.
- Public profile management.
- Unlimited scenes listings (free and Ticketed).
- Unlimited shared Content on the Platform’s Livefeed (both the City Livefeed and the Followers’ Livefeed).
- Access to the Platform’s network and multiple engagement channels with unlimited private messaging with followers and with existing and prospective attendees.
- Access to a self-service-based Ticket sales features which include a single-flaw tokenized and cashless payment solution and a paperless Tickets wallet (the SCENE Wallet).
- Access to an Attendee-registration and check-in system, in addition to Earnings and inventories management tools.
- Premium customer service (pre, during and post attendance).
- Priority access to booking SCENE’s Promotional Spaces and Services. Any logins to the Platform using the Organizer’s username and password will be deemed to have been effected by the Organizer. The Organizer must immediately change their password and contact SCENE if they notice that their account has been used without their knowledge.
4. Acceptance of the ‘Terms and Conditions’
- Attendees and Organizers agree to the ‘Terms and Conditions’ by ticking a box on the registration form on the Platform.
- A User’s acceptance must be full and unequivocal. Any conditional acceptance will be regarded as null and void. Users who do not agree to being bound by these ‘Terms and Conditions’ must not access the Platform or use the Services.
5. Services Level Guarantee
- SCENE undertakes to ensure the permanence, continuity and quality of access to the Services. In this respect, SCENE will make every effort to maintain access to the Platform 24/7 and guarantees Service availability except in the event of force majeure.
- Furthermore, given the complex nature of the internet, the unequal capacity of the various sub-networks, traffic at certain times of day, and the various bottlenecks over which SCENE has no control, SCENE’s responsibility will be limited to the functioning of its servers, with the points of connection constituting the servers’ outer limits.
- If necessary, SCENE reserves the right to limit or suspend access to the Platform so that it can undertake any maintenance and/or development work. In this event, SCENE undertakes to inform the User in advance about this maintenance and/or development work, within a reasonable time-frame, by any appropriate means and notably by a general information message on the Platform about this maintenance work.
- Under the scope of this maintenance and/or development work, SCENE undertakes to make every effort to back up the Content saved in the User’s Account and/or the Platform. The User acknowledges and accepts that this Services Level Guarantee does not cover any breakdowns or disruption of Services that could be attributed to telecoms operators or internet service providers, the mobile web, poor internet coverage, or internet access being saturated due to a scene’s location.
- In any case, it is hereby expressly agreed that the breach of any undertaking in this clause will not under any circumstances be penalized by the termination of the contractual relationship with the User, and its liability will be limited in the manner set out below in the “Limitation of Liability” clause.
SCENE cannot be held liable for (1) server access speed, (2) slowdowns that are external to its servers, and (3) poor data transfer caused by a failure or malfunction of these networks and (4) a poor internet connection during a scene.
6. Payment Terms
- 6.1 For the ‘Ticketing Terms of Service for Attendees’, including Ticket purchase, Ticket confirmation, and attendance, refund and disputes policies refer to: https://about.scene.app/ticketing-terms-attendees/
- 6.2 For the ‘Ticketing Terms of Service for Organizers’, including Account verifications, Ticket sales, fees, earnings, payout, refund, and chargeback policies refer to: https://about.scene.app/ticketing-terms-organizers/
7. Length of Services
The ‘Terms and Conditions’ apply throughout the User’s period of usage of the Platform and its Services, unless terminated by either party (SCENE or the User).
8. Agreement on proof
- Users expressly acknowledge and accepts that:
- data collected by the Platform and on SCENE’s systems, software, infrastructure, databases and any other IT asset is a true reflection of the transactions taking place under this Agreement.
- this data constitutes the main form of proof admitted by the User.
9. Users’ Obligations and Responsibilities
- All Users undertake to adhere to the following:
- 9.1 When using the Services, the User undertakes to adhere to these ‘Terms and Conditions’, as well as applicable local, state, provincial, national and other laws, rules and regulations, in force, and to not infringe on the rights of other parties or public order. The Account holding User alone is responsible for their usage of the Platform and Services.
- 9.2 The User undertakes to provide SCENE with all the information needed to properly deliver the Services. In a more general sense, the User undertakes to cooperate actively with SCENE with a view to the proper implementation of the ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- 9.3 The User alone is responsible for the documents, details, data, information and any Content that the User provides to SCENE as part of its usage of the Services. The User guarantees to SCENE that it is authorized to provide this information and that it has all the rights and authorization needed to use this information within the framework of the Services.
- 9.4 The User states that they have acquainted themselves with the Platform and its features.
- 9.5 The User undertakes to make strictly personal usage of the Services. Consequently, the User shall refrain from assigning, ceding or transferring all or some of its rights and obligations under this Agreement to a third party, in any manner.
- 9.6 The User alone is responsible for all the Content that the User publishes on the Platform and for any resulting repercussions. The User accepts that the Content published on the Platform is made public by default and may be viewed by other Platform Users, unless the Users set the Privacy setting to “Private”, in which case only the User’s followers can view the Content or specific invitees by the User.
- 9.7 The User warrants to SCENE that it has all the rights and authorizations required to disseminate this Content. The User warrants that this Content is lawful, does not contravene with public order, morality or the rights of third parties, does not breach any legislative or regulatory provision, and more generally, cannot in any way result in civil or criminal liability for SCENE. The User shall therefore refrain from disseminating, notably but not limited to:
- Content that is false, misleading or proposes or promotes illegal, fraudulent or misleading activities,
- Content that is infringing, racist, defamatory, violent, abusive or indecent,
- Content that promotes bullying or harassment to an individual or business,
- Content that is unsolicited or spammy (irrelevant to the platform),
- Content related to lotteries, auctions and games of chance,
- Adult Content or sexually related services, including escort services or pornography,
- Content that engages in commercial activities and/or sales without SCENE’s prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes, and more generally Content that may infringe the rights of third parties or be detrimental to third parties, in any manner or form.
10. Users’ Responsibility and Guarantees
- The User holds SCENE harmless against any complaints, claims, action and/or demands of any kind that it may face due to the breach by the User of any of its obligations or guarantees under the terms of these ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- The User undertakes to compensate SCENE for any damage that it may suffer and to pay all of its fees, expenses and/or penalties that it may incur as a result.
11. SCENE’s Responsibility and Guarantees
- 11.1 SCENE undertakes to deliver the Services diligently and in line with best practice, with the understanding that it has a best efforts obligation, to the exclusion of any performance guarantees, and the User expressly acknowledges and accepts this.
- 11.2 SCENE’s only role is to provide the Services described in these ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- 11.3 SCENE is not involved in the relations between the Organizer and the Attendee, and cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any difficulties that may occur between them, and cannot be involved in any disputes that may arise, notably concerning the delivery, Attendee obligations, guarantees, declarations and any other Organizer obligations. However, with a view to continually improving the quality of the Services, SCENE invites Users to provide feedback about any difficulties that they wish to bring to SCENE’s attention.
- 11.4 SCENE cannot be held liable for the decisions taken by the Organizer or by any third party appointed by the Organizer. Similarly, SCENE cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any Content published by either the Organizer or Attendee on the Platform. – SCENE constantly monitors the Content on its Platform and makes every effort to ensure it complies with the requirements set forth in these ‘Terms and Conditions’ and does not violate Clause 9.7. However, due to the nature of the Platform there may be scenarios in which Content that does not meet SCENE’s standards circumvents SCENE’s monitoring efforts. – If you find any Content to be offensive or inappropriate please report it directly via the Platform Report feature or contact us immediately at: email@example.com.
- 11.5 SCENE undertakes to make regular checks to verify that the Platform and its website www.scene.app are working properly and are accessible. In this respect, SCENE reserves the right to temporarily suspend access to the Platform for maintenance purposes. Likewise, SCENE cannot be held liable for Users being temporarily unable or finding it difficult to access the Platform if caused by outside circumstances, force majeure or caused by disruption to the telecommunications network, with Users being aware of the complex nature of global networks and of the times of day when large numbers of users are online.
- 11.6 The Services are delivered by SCENE “as is” and without any kind of express or implicit guarantees. SCENE does not in particular warrant to Users (1) that the Services, subject to a constant quest to improve, notably their performance and progress, will be totally free from errors, defects or flaws, (2) that the Services, which are standard and are not in any way aimed solely at a specific User based on their own personal constraints, will specifically meet their needs and expectations.
12. Prohibited Behavior
- 12.1 It is strictly prohibited to use the services for the following ends:
- carrying out activities via the Platform that are illegal, fraudulent or that infringe on the rights or security of third parties,
- promoting scenes or Content that violates applicable local, state, provincial, national and other laws, rules and regulations, within the scene’s location,
- assisting with or inciting, in any manner or form whatsoever, one or more of the acts and activities described above,
- and more generally, any actions that use the Services for purposes other than that for which they have been designed.
- 12.2 It is strictly prohibited for Users to copy and/or utilize for their own ends or those of third parties SCENE’s concept, technologies, all or part of data or any other component which is part of the Platform and Services.
- 12.3 The following is also strictly forbidden: (1) any behaviour that would interrupt, suspend, slow down or prevent the continuity of the Services, (2) any hacking or attempts to hack into SCENE’s systems, (3) any hijacking of the Platform’s system resources, (4) any actions that would place a disproportionate load on SCENE’s infrastructure, (5) any attempts to breach the security and authentication systems, (6) any acts that could infringe on the financial, business or moral interests and rights of SCENE, and finally and more generally (7) any breaches of these ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- 12.4 It is strictly forbidden to make money from, sell or cede all or part of the access to the Services or the Platform, and to the information hosted and/or shared on it.
- 12.5 The Platform cannot be used for any unauthorized commercial purposes such as to conduct sales of Tickets, merchandise or services of any kind. Tickets Sales can only be made via verified subscribed SCENE’s Accounts. 12.6 The Platform cannot be used to resell or link to other sites for the purpose of selling Tickets of any kind. We will investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who breaches this provision, including and without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Platform and barring anyone breaching this provision from the use of the Platform.
13. Penalties for Breaches
- In the event of a breach of any of the provisions of the ‘Terms and Conditions’, or more generally, any violation of laws and regulations by the User, SCENE reserves the right to take all appropriate measures and notably to:
- suspend, remove or prevent access to the Services by a User who has committed a breach or violation, or who has taken part in one,
- delete any Content linked to the breach or violation in question, fully or partially,
- take all appropriate measures and instigate any legal proceedings,
- notify the relevant authorities where applicable, cooperate with them and provide them with all the information they need for their investigation and to suppress illegal or illicit activities.
- The User is advised and accepts that any breach of their obligations may, apart from the consequences outlined above, lead to the immediate termination of these ‘Terms and Conditions’ by SCENE by any written means.
- SCENE and Organizers undertake to keep strictly confidential Attendees, details, data and information received and which will be clearly marked as being confidential. SCENE, expressly agrees that this confidentiality obligation covers the personal data that it will have to process for the User within the scope of the Services provided.
15. Intellectual Property
15.1 Ownership of the Platform & Materials
- The systems, software, structure, infrastructure, databases, codes and content of any kind (text, images, illustrations, visuals, databases, etc.) used by SCENE on the Platform, excluding any Content belonging to the Organizer, are protected under the Agreement’s provisions and world-wide copyright laws. SCENE’s materials may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without SCENE’s written permission.
- Any dismantling, decompilation, decoding, extraction, reuse, copying and more generally, any reproduction, representation, dissemination and usage of any of these elements, either in full or partially, without SCENE’s authorization, is strictly forbidden and may lead to legal action being taken.
- SCENE’s logo and design found on www.scene.app and the Platform are registered trademarks of the SCENE Company. SCENE’s trademarks may be used publicly only with the written permission of the Company.
15.3 Copyright Policies
- SCENE will terminate the privileges of any User who uses this Platform to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material without written explanation for use and SCENE’s permission. Furthermore, Users who upload Content onto the Platform whether images, videos or other copyrightable material must ensure that the Content they upload does not infringe on the copyrights or other rights of third parties (such as privacy or public rights). Any infringement will result in the termination of the User’s Account and rights to use and/or access the Platform.
16.1 General provisions
- Our commitment to our Users is to handle personal and business information with transparency and discretion solely for the purposes described below to maintain Users’ trust and confidence. The User will always be in control of the data they exchange and share.
- Furthermore, SCENE and the Organizer undertake, each acting in their own sphere, to comply with data protection regulations collected on Attendees and in particular with EU regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27 April 2016 (General Data Protection Regulation).
SCENE processes personal data as part of the Services it offers. The processing has the following facets:
16.2 Purpose of personal data processing
- Operate the Platform
- Verify Users
- Record Ticket purchasers’ names and contact details for registration and Venue check-in verifications
- Maintain an Account’s customer services record
- Enable communication with users through Accounts (response to enquiries, comments, reviews and messages)
- Personalize Content and the User experience, including but not limited to the personalization as per the User’s lifestyle interests of suggested scenes, suggested networking opportunities, suggested Tickets and offers.
- Send personalized newsletters, updates, support, alerts, and administrative messages.
16.3 Types of personal data processed
- Name, email addresses, mobile number, photograph, lifestyle interests, network, wishlist, attendance calendar, payment method and credit/debit card transactions record for purchases On the Platform.
- The data is collected when a User:
- Creates an Account on the Platform;
- Claims an Account on the Platform;
- Uses the Platform;
- Sells a Ticket – Purchases a Ticket – Registers an Attend or Wishlist a scene;
- Communicates with SCENE or when Attendees communicate with Organizers and vice-versa.
- We also collect information, such as usage statistics, location, device operating system and version, by using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies. Such data is used to localize the Platform’s content to a User’s city to ensure quality performance for all Users. If a User elects to use certain features and/or services such as the Invite Feature and Newsletter Subscription, SCENE collects email addresses to provide the service.
16.4 Types of people concerned
- Attendees and Organizers.
16.5 Types of data shared
- SCENE only shares a list of registered attendees and a list of purchased Tickets with the respective Organizer (who may be operating on behalf of an artist, producer, presenter, promoter, record label, team or venue) – as well as other third parties associated with the service provided.
16.6 Processing location
- The Company is headquartered and registered in ADGM (Abu Dhabi Global Market), which is a financial free zone in Abu Dhabi, governed by English law, and the Platform’s Back-end servers are located is in France.
16.7 SCENE’s obligations to the Organizer
- Data processing
- SCENE undertakes to only process personal data for the purpose of performing and delivering the Services, and not for the purpose of commercialization and/or use on behalf of third parties.
- SCENE undertakes to inform Organizers if, in its view, an instruction or customized service request constitutes a breach of the applicable regulations.
- Data security and confidentiality
- SCENE undertakes to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security and integrity of personal data; personal data backups and restoration in the event of a physical or technical incident. SCENE also ensures that people authorized to process personal data are covered by an obligation to maintain data confidentiality.
- Provision of information
- SCENE undertakes to respond to any information requests made to it by the User, whether it is a question of the relevant people asking to exercise their rights, an impact analysis, or a request submitted by the data protection authorities or the Organizer’s data protection officers.
- Notification of personal data breaches
- SCENE undertakes to inform the User about any personal data breach within a maximum of 72 (seventy-two) hours of becoming aware of the breach. If the User needs to notify the relevant authorities about this breach, SCENE undertakes to provide any useful documentation.
- Data retention
- SCENE undertakes to delete personal data for deleted Accounts, whatever the reason, and to not keep any copies. Data for registered Users shall be kept in a form that permits identification of the individual for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was processed.
- SCENE does not store any credit or debit card information on its servers. Cards are tokenized to save on the SCENE Wallet and payments are securely processed via a tokenized payment gateway.
- Log and documentation
- SCENE keeps a written log of data processing undertaken on behalf of its Users. This register also contains information relating to this processing.
- If so requested by the User, SCENE makes available to it all the information needed to prove its compliance with its obligations.
17. Community Guidelines (Online & Offline)
- SCENE’s Account profiles are intended to represent real people and real businesses in a location. SCENE Account profiles must be honest and authentic. The profiles are intended to be used to verify Attendees and purchased Ticket holders, as well as for private messaging and networking purposes whether the communication is Organizer to Attendee or vice versa, Organizer to Organizer or Attendee to Attendee.
- All Account profile holders should be open about who they are, their intentions, and their affiliations. When engaging with others, Users are expected to be honest, kind and respectful towards other people’s identity, time, personal choices and personal boundaries. Any reported infringement by Users will be followed up on by SCENE and the appropriate action will be taken to restrict or ban the User from the Platform.
- Users have control over the data they share on the Platform and their privacy settings. All Accounts’ information provided and publicly shared should be accurate, so Users can make informed decisions about their engagement and participation.
- Creating fake Accounts, malicious Accounts, spam Accounts, or Accounts meant to impersonate another person, is prohibited. Such Accounts will be deleted and the device will be blocked from using SCENE.
- SCENE monitors the Platform’s Content (profiles, scenes, comments, reviews and shared photos or videos), and restricts Content that is unlawful, dishonest, undermines the integrity of the Platform, violates personal boundaries or serves to intentionally offend or mislead Users.
- SCENE cannot monitor the conduct of its Users off the Platform. Therefore, all Users should take ownership over their personal safety while attending a scene and should never put themselves or others in danger. All Users should be mindful of local, state, provincial, national and other laws, rules and regulations applicable to the location of a scene. Where appropriate. Organizers will also list additional guidelines if required and as relevant to the type of scene to ensure their Attendees are participating safely.
18. Links and Third-party Sites
- The Platform may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by SCENE. These links direct users to a scene’s official website or to a scene’s Organizer’s website. Our Services also contains contact information of official Organizers, as well as links to Google maps and other social network channels. Users may also share SCENE’s links and post links to third-party websites for the purposes of inviting others to join or for promoting a scene. A User’s correspondence and dealings with third-parties found through the Service are solely between the User and the third party.
- SCENE cannot under any circumstances be held liable for the technical availability of websites run by third parties (including any partners) which the User may access via the Platform. SCENE does not assume any liability for the Content, adverts, products and/or services available on such third-party websites, and Users are reminded that these sites are governed by their own terms and conditions.
- The Company will not be held liable for any transactions conducted between the User and any advertisers, professionals or salespersons (including its potential partners) to whom Users may be directed via the Platform and will not take part in any disputes whatsoever with these third parties, particularly concerning the purchase of Tickets, products and/or services, guarantees, declarations or any other obligations whatsoever to which these third parties may be bound.
19. Advertising and Promotions
- SCENE, in collaboration with the Organizer, reserves the right to include on the Platform and in any communication with the Organizer, advertising and promotional messages in a format and in conditions decided upon solely by SCENE.
- In efforts to eliminate spamming and negative User experiences associated with ads, SCENE maintains a niche platform serving the entertainment, tourism and MICE industries. Therefore, only promotional content related to these industries will be allowed to be advertised on the Platform.
- For enquires about SCENE Media and SCENE Content, contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or fill the form on: https://about.scene.app/promote-your-scene
20. Limitation of Liability
- In no event shall SCENE nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from unauthorized access, use or alteration of the User’s transmissions or Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, whether or not SCENE has been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
21. Terms Acceptance & Effectiveness
- By accepting the ‘Terms and Conditions’, a User agrees to enter into a binding contract with SCENE, which will be applicable when the User creates or claims an Account on the Platform. All terms herewith are effective immediately as soon as the User registers on the Platform and accesses the Services, and shall continue as long as the Account is accessible and active on the Platform. The Terms are ineffective if the Account is deactivated or deleted by the User, or if the User’s account is terminated by SCENE due to breach of Terms.
22. Terms Modifications
- SCENE reserves the right to modify these Terms from time to time. If SCENE believes the modifications are material, SCENE will inform the User by doing one (or more) of the following (a) publishing the changes through the Services; (b) updating the “Updated” date at the top of this Agreement; or (c) sending the User an email or a message about the modifications.
- Modifications that are material will be effective thirty (30) days following the “Updated” date or such other date as communicated in any other notice to the User. Modifications that are simply addressing new functions SCENE adds to the Platform or which do not impose any additional burdens or obligations on the User will be effective immediately and SCENE is under no obligation, legal or otherwise, to inform the User of modifications addressing new functions on the Platform. The User is responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. The User’s continued use of the Services following modifications constitutes the User’s acceptance of those modifications and the updated Terms.
- The User warrants and agrees that they have the right and legal capacity to enter into this Agreement and to adhere to its Terms and Conditions. The User warrants that they are not prohibited from assenting to this Agreement by any pre-existing Agreement.
- The User warrants and represents that any and all information that the User provides to SCENE and all the information the User publishes and shares on the Platform is accurate and valid. The User agrees to comply in good faith with the Terms of this Agreement.
- SCENE makes no warranty that (a) the Services (or any portion of the Services) will meet the User’s requirements or expectations; (b) the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; or (c) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable.
- We endeavor to provide the best service we can, but a User understands and agrees that the scene service is provided “as is” and “as available”, without express or implied warranty or condition of any kind. A User uses the SCENE Services at their own risk. SCENE disclaims any warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
24. Mutual Indemnity
- The User agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold SCENE, SCENE’s related companies, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, third party service providers, and SCENE’s respective employees, contractors, agents, officers, and directors harmless from all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise out of a User’s use of the Platform.
- If the ‘Terms and Conditions’ are translated into one or more languages, in the event of a contradiction or dispute about the meaning of a term or provision, the English language version will be used to interpret the Agreement.
26. Governing Law and jurisdiction
- The ‘Terms and Conditions’ are subject to English Law governing ADGM (Abu Dhabi Global Market) where the Company is registered at, and will be governed and interpreted in line with it.
- If there is any dispute about or involving the Platform, or a dispute arising from using the Platform, the User agrees that the dispute will be governed and construed by ADGM Courts which is governed by English law.
27. Company Registered Name and Address
- Name and Licenses number:
– Scene Entertainment Tech Ltd (Operations Company No: 000002467) – Scene Social Entertainment Holdings Ltd (Holdings Company No: 000001460)
– 2406 Al Sila Tower, Al Maryah Island ADGM Square, Abu Dhabi Global Market financial free zone, Abu Dhabi, UAE
28. Contact Us
- If you have any inquiries about these Terms, please contact us through the following means:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call or Business WhatsApp: +971 54 446 9112